Pages

GO TO YOUR ROOM !

I borrowed this phrase from the recently deceased Canadian painter Robert Genn who believed that there is only so much we can learn about how to paint from the many fine instructors and resources available today. The true learning comes from going off on our own and just doing it - Go to your room!

I have had the good fortune to take instruction from outstanding artists in Canada and the USA. I continue to work on my own development ( Going to MY room!) . I share, through this blog and workshops, what I have learned and what others have shared with me.

I created this blog primarily for those attending my workshops to keep in touch and to further share as we grow together. If others are interested in following that would be great.

Enjoy the journey.

Friday 1 March 2013

Wrong date for Opus Demo





Too much painting and not enough thinking!


Hi. Was notified that I had the wrong date for the Opus demo in the last post. It is tomorrow, Saturday, March 2. 

Thanks. 

3 comments:

  1. Would love to see you paint...wish I could be there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brian, your Saturday workshop was informative and inspiring. A pleasure to attend. At the end of the workshop you expressed that you weren't particularly happy with the final outcome - (which most of us thought was pretty good). Earlier in your presentation you touched on how you would go about evaluating the success of a piece - by checking against your personal "checklist". I meant to ask you to explain a little about why you were not pleased with the piece. Can you elaborate a bit on what you thought was the problem with the piece? It would be most helpful to understand your view.
    Thanks again for the very worthwhile and enjoyable workshop.
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi. Your question is a good one. Looks like you are following my posts so how be I answer it that way - for others that may have been left hanging. Look for the next post - we are still RVing in Victoria.

      Also, I am having irratic results with the blog questions so please help out by sending me an email to indicate that you got my answer bbuckrell@shaw.ca

      Thanks for the question.

      Delete

Thanks for your feedback.