Pages

GO TO YOUR ROOM !

I borrowed this phrase from the recently deceased Canadian painter Robert Genn who believed that there is only so much we can learn about how to paint from the many fine instructors and resources available today. The true learning comes from going off on our own and just doing it - Go to your room!

I have had the good fortune to take instruction from outstanding artists in Canada and the USA. I continue to work on my own development ( Going to MY room!) . I share, through this blog and workshops, what I have learned and what others have shared with me.

I created this blog primarily for those attending my workshops to keep in touch and to further share as we grow together. If others are interested in following that would be great.

Enjoy the journey.

Saturday 5 November 2011






Hi.  I am calling my Blog  Go to your room !  I am borrowing this term from the prominent Canadian painter and writer Robert Genn, who believes, as I do, that there is only so much you can get from resources available about learning to paint. That  the true learning is up to you  and you need to go off and do it - Go to your room.  So this Blog will include my thoughts and suggestions on learning to paint. I did not begin until my 60th birthday and have had a wonderful and fairly unique learning experience since then ( then being 8 years ago).  I have had the opportunity and resources available to study with some great artists in Canada and the US. They shared openly with me. Now its my turn. We will see how it goes.



I include the photo of myself with my wife Cathy because of all the resources I have needed to learn it has been the encouragement and freedom she has given me that has made it possible and fun.

This is a test of my first attempt at a Blog. Today I have started this Blog, joined Facebook and Daily Paintworks. Going to take me some time to get into them and have them working. Please visit again. Lots more to come ( I hope).

In the meantime, for more information about me and to view my work, please visit   My Web site

It would also be great if you would visit my new FaceBook page
and hit LIKE if it interests you.

Brian Buckrell Artist Facebook Page

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback.