Pages

GO TO YOUR ROOM !

I borrowed this phrase from the recently deceased Canadian painter Robert Genn who believed that there is only so much we can learn about how to paint from the many fine instructors and resources available today. The true learning comes from going off on our own and just doing it - Go to your room!

I have had the good fortune to take instruction from outstanding artists in Canada and the USA. I continue to work on my own development ( Going to MY room!) . I share, through this blog and workshops, what I have learned and what others have shared with me.

I created this blog primarily for those attending my workshops to keep in touch and to further share as we grow together. If others are interested in following that would be great.

Enjoy the journey.

Tuesday 17 July 2012

JOIN ME TO PAINT ALBERT EDWARD


This Saturday, July 21, from 1 to 3 PM, I will be doing a demonstration painting near the Strathcona Park Wilderness Centre (beside Raven Lodge, Mt Washington) for the Strathcona Wilderness Institute - it's  Parks Day.  


My intention is to make one or two different "starts" of Mount Albert Edward. I will discuss my approach to planning and beginning the painting and continue towards a finish as time permits. 


Join with me. Watch my approach,  or begin your own paintings and I will offer my suggestions if you wish. 


I will be working in acrylics. Bring what you like. Even pencil sketches for planning. 


Weather looks good. Be prepared for sun. Try to arrive well before 1 PM so we can move to the painting site and have time to enjoy the afternoon. 


I have an affinity for Mount Albert Edward  as I have  a fear of heights/exposure and climbing it a few  years ago was a big accomplishment for me.  In the past few years I have painted Albert Edward from many different approaches - both plein air and studio paintings. It is iconic - most locals know it by sight - and an easy and fun mountain to paint. 


Love to see you there. 


Some examples - from 6x8 up to 24x36




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback.