Pages

GO TO YOUR ROOM !

I borrowed this phrase from the recently deceased Canadian painter Robert Genn who believed that there is only so much we can learn about how to paint from the many fine instructors and resources available today. The true learning comes from going off on our own and just doing it - Go to your room!

I have had the good fortune to take instruction from outstanding artists in Canada and the USA. I continue to work on my own development ( Going to MY room!) . I share, through this blog and workshops, what I have learned and what others have shared with me.

I created this blog primarily for those attending my workshops to keep in touch and to further share as we grow together. If others are interested in following that would be great.

Enjoy the journey.

Friday 17 February 2012

Carol Marine - Last two days !

The workshop is over. I am pooped and pumped!


Day four was a bit on drawing, colour theory and composition. And drills and more drills, fast small paintings. 
Today, day five, we just did our own thing in the AM and watched our final demo. The photo is the demo and I now own it - won the draw to purchase it from Carol and I am very pleased to be bringing it home to my studio. In the afternoon we discussed art marketing, on line marketing and other topics related to selling. 


Its been a great week. One of the better workshops I have taken. Carol was excellent as were the facilities and organization with Whidbey Island Fine Art Studio


I head back tomorrow looking forward to practicing some of the drills and preparing for my workshop Preparing for Plein Air which begins next Saturday.

Thank you Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback.